Prices and Sizes
Twin XL – $550
Full – $700
Queen – $795
King – $900
Cal King – $900
Nectar Mattress Review
The Nectar mattress is a super popular and relatively inexpensive memory foam bed in a box. They have outstanding policies like a “forever warranty” and an entire year for your trial period. For its price, the Nectar performs exceptionally well in pressure relief and motion transfer tests.
- Pressure relief: The memory foam technology used in the Nectar mattress provides serious pressure relief. The memory foam in this bed helps circulate air to keep sleepers cool as well.
- Company policies: It is super rare for a mattress trial sleep period to go above 100 days. So the fact that Nectar offers a whole year as its trial period is pretty spectacular. Their forever warranty is also a great sign that they stand behind the quality of their product.
- Delivery time: If you need a mattress on the double, you could run into a bit of a wait with the Nectar. However, most people probably find that waiting a couple weeks for a super comfortable mattress is perfectly fine.
There is plenty to love about the Nectar mattress. It’s not too pricey, but it makes great use of some very high-quality materials. Buying the Nectar means buying into a great warranty, too. If you like the feel of memory foam and you want something that is built to last, the Nectar mattress is a stellar choice.
Nectar Mattress Construction
The Nectar is a foam bed made up of five distinct layers of memory foam. It is Certi-PUR U.S. certified, meaning that it’s made without the use of any ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP, mercury, or lead.
- Tencel Cooling Cover: The outer layer of the Nectar mattress is made using Tencel, a material derived from wood cellulose. The mattress cover is also resistant to bedbugs, which is never a bad thing. The way the Tencel is woven is designed to promote great air circulation as well to keep you cool all night long.
- Quilted Gel Memory Foam: The first layer of memory foam in the Nectar mattress is quilted in order to increase loft, breathability, and comfort. Loft, if you are not familiar, just refers to the added height of the mattress, giving you more of a support layer on top to sink down into.
- Semi-Open Lush Foam Gel Memory Foam: Nectar claims that this is the most premium type of gel memory foam available, which may be one reason this bed is so comfortable for so many different types of sleepers. This layer is responsible for a lot of the pain relief that the memory foam provides.
- Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam: This layer is what gives the mattress its responsiveness and bounce. Without it, the Nectar mattress would give you too much of a sinking or enveloping feeling. It is also responsible for some of the contouring properties of this mattress.
- Breathable Base Layer: The bottom layer of the Nectar bed is the densest type of foam used in the mattress. It helps give the bed solidity and shape while maintaining optimal airflow and breathability. It uses specially molded channels to move air.
How Does the Nectar Mattress Feel?
The firmness of the Nectar mattress hovers around a 6 or 6.5 out of 10. Many of the Nectar’s peers are a little firmer, reaching up toward a 7 instead. Some of the plushness of the Nectar is due to its all foam construction. This softness makes the Nectar better for side sleepers than a firmer mattress would be.
The Nectar does a great job of offering both sinkage and bounce. The lofted top layer of memory foam as well as the gel layer underneath will both allow you to feel like your pressure points are sinking into a cradle of support. But thanks to the firmer layers below, you will still be able to move around — just maybe not as much as you would on a springier latex mattress.
Responsiveness and Bounce
Responsiveness and bounce can be a trade off you forfeit when buying a memory foam mattress because memory foam conforms to pressure rather than bouncing it back. But the firmer foams used in the lower layers of the mattress do provide enough responsiveness that you should not feel like it is difficult to move around efficiently on this bed.
The Nectar has almost no motion transfer at all. That makes this bed an awesome option for light sleepers who do not want to be disturbed by movements on the bed. Memory foam isolates motion, keeping it from ripping out to other areas of the bed.
Sometimes memory foam mattresses can sleep hot. But the Nectar brand put a lot of thought and effort into keeping this mattress cool. From the Tencel fabric of the outer cover to the specially molded airways in the lowest foam layer, the Nectar has the necessary technology in place to keep sleepers cool and dry.
Because is it made with memory foam, the Nectar bed doesn’t have the substantial edge support of a traditional spring mattress or even some of its latex counterparts. That being said, this bed does not perform badly in edge support tests, either. You won’t feel like you are about to roll off of the bed if you are near the edge, but you will feel a good bit of compression if you sit on the edge of the bed with your feet resting on the floor.
Off-Gassing & Smell
As with any mattress that comes sealed in a layer of plastic, you will probably notice a slight scent off-gassing from the mattress as it expands. There should be little to no smell remaining after a day or two. There are no notable complaints from reviewers about any issues with off-gassing or smell.
Nectar Mattress Quick Facts
- Certifications: Certi-PUR U.S.
- Where is it made? China
- Does it need a foundation? No
- Does it work on adjustable beds? Yes
- Shipping: Free
- Sleep Trial: 365 nights
- Warranty: Lifetime
All across the web, reviewers rave about the Nectar mattress. One common positive statement is that the bed is much more comfortable than expected considering its low price point. The only trend in less than stellar reviews has to do with shipping times being longer than estimated. However, in those reviews, it is frequently mentioned that the Nectar customer service team does a great job of communicating once contacted about shipping time issues.
★★★★★ “We have owned a Nectar Queen in our guest room for about 4 months now. We slept on it for the first 2 weeks just to check it out and vowed to replace our King this fall. Every family member who has come for a stay (5 so far- 3 males 1 female, 3 singles, 1 couple), has loved it! Easiest mattress purchase we have made in our 4 decades of married life.” — Joanne, Nectarsleep.com
★★★★☆ “I’ve only had the mattress a few days but so far so good. I came out of a therapeutic and it seems to be just as good. The mattress was a little late just about 2 weeks. Customer service has been very good. They always answered my EMails.” — Sarah, Nectarsleep.com
We Recommend The Nectar Mattress For…
The Nectar mattress is a wonderful choice for anyone who loves the feel of memory foam. You can expect to feel yourself sinking into a luxurious blend of different densities of memory foam to support your pressure points and offer great pain relief.
Since the Nectar mattress is pretty moderate in terms of firmness, it will work well for back, side, and stomach sleepers. Side sleepers will probably notice a more comfortable experience on this bed as compared to a firmer option.
The Nectar mattress is also great for anyone who wants the sinkage of a memory foam bed without the worry of overheating in their sleep. Nectar has taken a lot of creative precautions to keep this bed cool, even though it is made entirely of memory foam layers.
Nectar Mattress Review – Conclusion
The Nectar bed is a fantastic option for its price. They use high quality types of memory foam and don’t skimp on practices like quilting that add to the luxury factor of this mattress. The only reasons you might want to skip this mattress are if you don’t like the sinkage of memory foam, you need your mattress to be delivered super fast, or it is super important to you to have a mattress that is made entirely in the U.S.A. Some of Nectar’s production and manufacturing takes place in China.
Otherwise, there are so many reasons to love the Nectar. Premium materials like Tencel and Hi Core Memory Foam show that the Nectar is built with durability and long term comfort in mind. Minimal motion transfer means light sleepers can rejoice at not being woken up by stirring partners or pets. With an unbeatable lifetime warranty and a flood of five star reviews online, this is one purchase you are likely to feel great about for a long time to come.